Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Vacation slideshow

So while everyone was at home swaying back and forth during Quakepocalypse 2011, I was getting ready to board an overnight bus from Sicily to Naples. Since I last checked in, I've visited Barcelona, Venice, Florence, Siena, Cinque Terra, Pisa, and Sicily (Palermo, Siracusa, and Catania). Today we're going to explore Naples, tomorrow Pompeii, and Rome after that.

As my hostel's keyboard is particularly bad, I'm going to hold off on the full-yet-concise update until later. In the meantime, here are some photos from the last few weeks:

Our bike ride guide dunks his head in a stream near Granada, Spain

 Busking on the streets of San Sebastián, Spain

Organ pipes at the Sagrada Família church, Barcelona

Venice at night

We took a day trip to Siena last week to see the Palio, a 354 year-old, violent, bareback horserace steeped in medieval tradition. I'm sure I'll write more about this, but here's a taste of what we experienced:

 




And happy birthday, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment